Scholarships offered by Edith Cowan University(ECU)
Scholarships offered by Edith Cowan University(ECU)
The Ngoolark Student Services building in Joondalup Campus, ECU
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a part of the Joondalup Learning Precinct (Joondalup is a metropolitan suburb in Perth) that offers amenities such as a gym, library, cafes, student accommodation, food courts, and an artificial lake. ECU also offers state-of-the-art teaching facilities and other facilities to upgrade students and staff experience. There are three ECU campuses, in Mount Lawley and Joondalup, and Bunbury.
ECU is a public university and is the only Australian university named after a woman. She was the first woman elected to be in the Australian Parliament, and her face is on the 50AUD note.
Edith Cowan on $50 note
ECU offers international students scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate. The scholarships provide 20% off your tuition fees, saving you 35,000 AUD. It will boost the university’s reputation and encourage more future student enrollments by offering international students scholarships. Famous actor Hugh Jackman is one of the many well-established alumni from ECU.
ECU scholarships for international students are available. Students from Bhutan and other specific countries mentioned on the ECU website are eligible for undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships.
7 Types of Scholarships and criteria:
Student Housing building on ECU campus
The scholarships are merit-based. International students will need excellent academic scores, leadership qualities, and hard work to apply for scholarships. Merit-based scholarships are carefully offered to students with great potential, both academically and personality-wise.
ECU scholarships target international students from developing countries
ECU scholarships target international students from developing countries. One of the primary reasons for country-based scholarships is to give equal opportunities to study despite the individual’s economic limitations.
Scholarships include housing.
Once they complete their scholarship funded course, international students can apply for partial scholarships for further studies in Australia.
4.Executive Dean’s Master Scholarship
ECU offers seminars opportunities for students on scholarships
International students who complete previous studies with high academic achievement are eligible for postgraduate scholarships. The scholarship offers 10% off in tuition fees for the duration of the course at ECU.
5.International Australian Alumni Scholarship
Hugh Jackman is one of the notable alumni of ECU.
International students who previously completed their education program in ECU, Australia, are eligible for this scholarship. ECU offers a 20% discount on tuition fees for the duration of your course.
6.Edith Cowan College (ECC) Pathway Scholarship
Pathway Scholarship offers international students who complete diploma courses in ECC, an undergraduate program. 20% reduction in tuition fees results in limited seats.
7.Scholarships for specific courses
Australian scholarships are career-specific
Australian scholarships are career-specific. Scholarship courses are chosen from a list of Permanent Resident (PR) courses every year. The Australian government wants to encourage students on scholarships to stay and work in Australia to boost the country’s economy. They want their investments to pay off. That is why international students get employment offers from companies and scholarships for further studies.
Brief Glance for undergraduate scholarships:
- Must receive an offer or conditional offer to study in ECU
- Students from Bhutan and specific countries mentioned are eligible for International Undergraduate Scholarship.
- International students can study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- 20% off tuition fees for the duration of their ECU course.
- Must be a citizen of the countries mentioned
- Study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West Bunbury Campus
- Can’t be a recipient of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship
- Can commence study at ECU during the next intake
- Study an undergraduate degree excluding;
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing/ Midwifery)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
ECU offers international Masters Scholarships, and below are the criteria for it:
Brief Glance for Masters Scholarships:
- Applicants must be citizens of Bhutan and other specific countries mentioned on the ECU website.
- Scholarship students will receive 20% off on their first year’s tuition fees.
- Study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury) campuses.
- Not be a recipient of government scholarships or industry sponsorships.
- Get an offer to study for a postgraduate degree before the next intake.
- Study in the following postgraduate courses:
- Master of Professional Design
- Master of Professional Communities
- Master of Design
- Master of Business Administration International
- Master of Finance and Banking
- Master of International Hospitality Management
- Master of Management Information Systems
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- Master of Marketing and Innovation Management
- Master of Human Resources Management
- Master of Education (Advanced)
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Bioinformatics
- Master of Computer Science
- Master of Cyber Security
- Master of Environmental Management
- Master of Environmental Science
- Master of Critical Care Paramedicine
- Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Master of Paramedic Practitioner
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Nursing
The terms and conditions for all scholarships provided by ECU are the same.
Terms and Conditions:
- The beneficiary must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines, terms, and conditions throughout their course.
- Continuous good standing academically and financially.
- Maintain 60% of credit points each semester and postpone their studies without ECU approval.
- You can’t change the course without ECU permission.
- ECU can withdraw the scholarship if the recipient doesn’t accept the Offer Letter or enroll in their course by the due date.
- Students have to pay the tuition on time to avoid full-fee international tuition fees.
- ECU can revoke the scholarship if the recipient receives any other scholarships or grant during the ECU scholarship.
- Abide by the requirement of ECU scholarship rules, policies, and visa requirements.
- Notify ECU of any change that may affect their eligibility for the scholarship.
Benefits of studying at Edith Cowan University scholarships:
ECU radio and broadcasting station
- The university pays health insurance (Overseas student health cover) for the scholarship duration. The cost depends on the level of cover you chose.
- ECU grants a living allowance.
- You can work like other international students, 40 hours fortnightly.
- ECU offers the opportunity to work in your course-related environment.
- Free high-quality education
Edith Cowan University offers undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships for international students to help students from developing countries get an equal opportunity to study in Australia’s prestigious universities. ECU is one of the well-known and reputed universities in Australia with their high education quality.
Don’t miss out on the chance to study for free in ECU, Australia.
If you want to know more about ECU scholarships, quickly make an appointment and consult Global Reach experts. Global Reach is the first education consultancy in Bhutan with experts that will help you get the scholarship you deserve.